The nutrient content of a plant can be assessed by testing a sample of tissue from that plant. These tests are important in agriculture since fertilizer application can be fine-tuned if the plants nutrient status is known. Nitrogen most commonly limits plant growth and is the most managed nutrient.
- Monitoring crop nutrient status for optimal crop production
- Ensuring balanced plant nutrient levels for top produce quality
- Predicting plant nutrient problems during the growing season to avoid production loss
- Understanding interactions between the soil and plant nutrient uptake
- Formulating foliar spray programs to address nutrient deficiencies and imbalances
- Determining the uptake of applied nutrients by the plant